If you’ve been manually refreshing your email inboxes in order to get fresh email then you’re not alone. Quite a few people have not been getting email alerts or fresh mail when it comes in even with push set to automatic. You can try a few things:
- Make sure Sync isn’t toggled off in your Quick settings by pulling down the notification shade and tapping the expand icon in the top right.
- Make sure that Power saving is turned off in the Quick settings.
- Open up your email app and tap Menu > Settings > Account settings > More settings and make sure everything is correct and set to your liking.
- It might be best to just delete the account and then restart the Note 3 and enter all the details fresh. Do this via Menu > Settings > General > Accounts > E-Mail then choose your account and tap Remove Account.
- You could also try turning the Note 3 off. Now remove the battery and then put it back in. Press and hold the Volume up and Home buttons then press and hold Power. When it vibrates release Power and you should see the Android system recovery menu. Use the Volume buttons to select wipe cache partition and press Power to select it.