If you have received your phone Along with root access and other languages apart from English and Chinese, you have a custom ROM and not the official firmware. This also means you have almost certainly a modified recovery installed. The only supported custom recoveries are CWM and TWRP. If you have a custom ROM installed you also cannot install OTA updates (even if you receive the update notification). You may have noticed that the steps are the same as on the Z7 Max, but they apply to the Z7 mini as well.
Return to official firmware and recovery:
1. To access the recovery and see what version is installed, turn of your phone and press the volume-up and power button simultaneously.
2. If you want to return to the official firmware, downloaded the latest firmware from our forum.
3. Copy the firmware to your external microSD card.
4. Boot into recovery by turning of your phone and pressing the volume-up and power button simultaneously.
5. Perform the 3 wipes: Data factory reset, Cache and Dalvik.
6. Choose Install ZIP from SD card and select the firmware youve downloaded.
7. At the end of the installation process you will be asked whether to keep the flash recovery (CWM). If you select Yes, you will keep the custom recovery. If you select No, the official recovery will be flashed.
Alternative method for TWRP Recovery:
If you wish to flash the stock recovery to replace your TWRP recovery, you can download the Flashify App from playstore and flash the .img file of the stock recovery (found below).